Cooking Finland is on Facebook! Click here. My art blog is here.

Monday, December 13, 2010

St. Lucia bun dough ready to rise!

This is a little update-- the dough from my previous post is ready to rise, note that I moved it from the stainless steel Kitchenaid bowl.  Bread dough doesn't rise well in metal bowls, they conduct heat too well.  I did put in the optional egg.  The saffron didn't dissolve as well as it should have--I should have crushed it better first.  Next year I'll do better, and I'm sure they will be quickly eaten, anyway.  That is the beauty of having teenagers in the house.  Now into the warming drawer until the kids get home from school--now that we have dogs I have to be careful where I leave the dough to rise.  Our dogs go crazy for sweet rolls!

The penguin cookie jar in the background is one that we bought for a teacher gift, isn't it cute!  The jar is a gift from a good friend of mine, it has layers of all the ingredients for Cranberry Hootycreeks, you can find the recipe by clicking on the underlined word.  The beautifully decorated jar is full of yummy ingredients like cranberries and dried cranberries.  Such a thoughtful gift, not Finnish at all, but I can't wait to bake them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment